If you believed the white guys here Bangkok, the answer was “no one”. The commonly expressed opinion was that we were fat and hideous, and even more so, that we were “uppity” and that no one in their right mind would date us. This opinion was rather ironic given that most of them were paying for pussy (in the third world, which makes it even classier), which is rarely considered a sign of being attractive.
But was that really true? And in particular, I wanted to know — what’s up with Thai men? They rarely talked to me, and this puzzled me. Did they find me unattractive, were they too shy to talk to me, did they simply not speak any English? Inquiring minds wanted to know.
Since I am essentially dorky and scientific, I decide to do some research: I put up a personal ad on the internet. I didn’t want to date someone I met online, especially in a skeevy city like Bangkok, but internet dating is really just market research into how hot you are.
So I put up my ad with a few pictures, and waited.
The responses surprised even me.
1) Thai guys didn’t think white women like them.
2) Some Thai guys told me they like foreign girls but they didn’t think they had enough sexual experience to please us.
3) Many hot young foreign guys wrote me.
4) Many old ugly foreign guys wrote me, which surprised me because they are the usual demographic that hates white women and dates Thai hookers.
5) Some young foreign guys tried to cheat on their Thai girlfriends with me.
6) Some older foreign guys tried to include me in threesomes with their Thai gfs, (“I would rather fuck a dog”, is what comes to mind here)
So my conclusions are:
1) Thai guys want to date white girls.
2) White guys trash us in public, but in reality they want to date us too.
3) Old fat guys want us too, but they know they can’t have us, thus the hatred.
4) The fact that so many white guys with Thai girlfriends tried to cheat on them with me, or tried to “spice things up in the bedroom” by including a foreign girl suggests that dating a Thai woman isn’t entirely the sexual nirvana guys make it out to be, which I can’t say really surprises me.